January 12, 2024
This Year, We Thrive!
By Rachel Gyarmati
Above all things, this blogger is a nerd for the following:
- Hot pretzels with Bier Cheese with a great mixed drink from the bar
- The deep history of Hofbräuhaus and its importance to the story of two countries
- Having a great plan with a solid backup
During my intensive research for this month, I’ve decided to combine all three of my nerd interests and help you start your 2024 on the right foot. Our foolproof plan will help you follow your New Year’s Resolution while getting your grub on.
You may ask, “Where is such a place like that in Pittsburgh”? Well, friend, I’m here to tell you it’s closer than you think.
If you want a successful year of community, laughs, and a laid-back vibe, sit back and enjoy my guide to making 2024 one of the best. I will discuss two top American New Year’s Resolutions and explain how we can help you.
Before we get too far, though, let’s lay things out.
Intention and Planning
According to the internet, Aristotle once said, “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
The first step in any successful plan is identifying your intentions and knowing yourself. Take inventory of your strengths and how they can help you improve.
The second step is to know that you are not alone in giving your resolutions a go this year.
Being around others in the same boat can help you be accountable and have some fun.
Much like one who is 21 years or older would do when clinking steins with their besties in the Bierhall, I strongly suggest filling them with our Seasonal Bier.
- 5% ABV/33 IBU
- Drinks smooth
- The chocolate and caramel notes give it dessert status
With this information, you can do what you want, but we think you’ll love it.
With those parameters, let’s begin the plan to make 2024 epic.
Mental and Physical Health
According to a survey in Forbes Magazine, 55% of participants expressed wanting to improve their mental and physical health in the New Year.
While we here in the Bierhall can’t eat clean or exercise for you, we can give you options to help you get a leg up by having a diverse menu with great, healthier choices. Ways to take advantage are:
- Ordering one of our dinner salads. It has fresh greens and solid proteins, and all salad dressings are gluten-free.
- Choosing the Chef’s fresh vegetable selection for your side
- Ordering meat grilled instead of battered
Our food is fresh and a great option no matter how you eat it.
As for the mental health side of things, we offer these facts:
- There are a plethora of studies that show just being around people can boost your mood,
- Sitting with friends is a great way to unwind and be with people you love. Those memories will undoubtedly give you dopamine when you need it the most.
- Joining a club much like our Stein Masters or 1589 Growlers Club gives you contact with like-minded people and comes with extraordinary perks.
If you’re more of an introvert (my people), we also have you covered.
- Order takeout to bring home for a date night or a relaxed evening at home with close friends.
- Meet up in a cozy seat for two to catch up with a close friend.
We are inclusive of all levels of socializing.
As a mom, I take saving money on quality experiences and products very seriously. My family has older teens and a school-age kid. My goal when we go out is to make memories and eat a good meal. Those teens may even agree to a family selfie if we’re having a stellar night.
I’ve written about taking my family to Hofbräuhaus; we get a good bang for our buck every time. Our prices are set to allow for a family experience without sweating the cost, leading you to be more present, which makes excellent mental health.
Look at you, being all holistic.
The savings go well beyond our menu. You can also save money by booking significant events with us. Our planner is happy to help you feed your crew with your budget and your celebration or event in mind.
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for promotions with our community partners for discounts, events, and possibly a free pretzel.
Prost to 2024!
As always, we welcome you and yours with open arms as this new year starts. January is always hopeful because it’s an open door that leads to infinite possibilities. We’d love to be there with you and celebrate all the thriving and success this year has for you.
Join us on The Gram, as the kids say- Instagram. Our handle is @hofbrauhaus pittsburgh.
Speaking of fun, we would love for you to join us on social media to share news events and share some posts.
May your 2024 be your best year ever. Prost!